We teach how to:
– write clearly and succinctly, without comprising accuracy
– clarify your thoughts so that you can think clearly and write clearly
– clearly structure sentences, paragraphs and documents
– write succinctly and efficiently
– edit and critique your writing
– tailor your document according to audience and purpose
– write in an environment of conflicting demands
We run interactive science writing workshops with regular breaks, where you can work on your current project at your own pace.
Short lectures are interspersed with writing exercises, allowing sufficient time for questions and discussions. The facilitator maintains a flexible balance between practical and theoretical instruction.
Who can attend our science writing workshops:
People from all science backgrounds and with different levels of writing experience will benefit from our workshops.
The minimum expectation is that participants have some science training, experience working in a scientific field or understanding of scientific principles.
Open & In-House workshops:
Our workshops are offered to any person with training in any field of science, including professionals who are interested in learning how to write from a scientific perspective.
In-House workshops are held at your facility, or at any suitable venue in Australia. In addition to the standard Course Outline, existing or additional Modules can be tailored to cater for different needs. In addition to the standard two day format, we also tailor course content to run half-day, one day or 3 day workshops.